Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Say Goodbye...


Today was Jaxons graduations from Bloomington Preschool. It was a day of mixed emotions for me. I am so happy that Jaxon is getting so big and learning so many things. I cant believe that he is five! WOW! I am also sad too. It makes such a new chapter for us. I will actually have a child going to Elementary! Its hard for me to believe that he is old enough and "big" enough to go. No more sleeping in for me I guess. I will have to start getting up and cooking breakfast EARLY! I am not so sure about that...We are proud of Jaxon for graduating. I was not even sure if we were going to be able to get him to go to preschool. He was dead set against it. The year before this he refused to go. I took him anyways and about two weeks into it he was still crying all day. So we decided it wasnt going to work. He was very nervous this year to go! He did it though! All year long! WAY TO GO JAXON!


All dressed and ready to go. They had a swimming party after graduation so the kids were all in there swimming gear! It was very lowkey and perfect.



These are pictures of the class singing there songs. I of course was in a full cry. The only person crying. Not that I was sad, it was just so cute. He is so grownup!
This is his teacher Carol Morris reading Jaxons diploma. He was named Most Retentive. Mrs. Morris went on to say how he absorbs every word and can repeat exactly what he learned days weeks and even months later. For those of you that know Jax, it is so true. His little memory is AWESOME! He remembers right down to the small detail of what he was wearing the day he learned certain things.

This picture is of poor quality. Its Jax getting handed his diploma! My camera skills are lacking!
The entire class with there diplomas. OF course Jaxons is over his face! He is the third from the left on the back row!

Of course the water party at the end. Mrs. Morris had the big slide and a couple other things for the kids to do. The slide was the hit. I really dont think they even noticed the other games! They went up and down up and down for well over an hour. Jax would have stayed longer. His mean old Mom made him go home! We were about the last people there I thought it was time!:)
So Jax says GOODBYE to PRESCHOOL and HELLO to KINDERGARTEN!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! And I love that you cried, too. I always choke back tears at ALL my kids' programs. I look around and I'm usually the only one needing tissues. Then I feel really dumb! Just wait till the kindergarten graduation program. That one gets me EVERY time.
Congrats to Jaxon on being an official preschool graduate!

Lora said...

I'm the same way, except for some reason I can hold it in. I need a tissue to wipe the stray tears at the time, then I full on cry later when no one can watch me. If you want to know the truth, I teared up just reading on your blog that you cried. Us Jensons are just big babies!

Yay Jax!! On to kindergarten!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

We really are babies and we have mom to thank for it!!:) good thing we love her!!

Elin Brotherson said...

Yah Jax Krax!! I am so glad that you will be going to Kindergarten! You are so big!! We love you!1

Tonia said...

Don't feel too bad, I cry at all the programs too. Mike likes to make fun of me. YAY for kindergarten though. It's so exciting for them to move on to bigger better things even though we are not ready for them to.

Katie Nikolaus said...

As I'm reading this and showing Ali Jax, she keeps saying, "Mo mo mo Jax?" I can't wait for them to play in just 3 short weeks!
CONGRATS, Jaxon! We're so proud of you!

Kerry said...

That's so cute Jill...you are such a sweet mom...I'll admit, I struggled at Logan's too! We really need to try to get them together! I bet they would have a blast!

Timar Lu said...

Jax,
How about that...Breckyn Graduated today. She said her part bu herself (& got QT as reward) and sang loud. You two are so big it is scary. Love you tons & can't wait for you to stay at my house....in your house lol

Monson Family said...

Awww! I am going to go through that tomorrow! Isn't it so sad to put your baby into kindergarten? It is only the beginning! Pretty soon they will be off to college and then getting married! Aahhh! I can't handle it! Where's our babies?! :(

Donnie and Kristi said...

What a man! My son-in-law is retentive! (I'll have to as Mar what thet means :) ) Mar's kindergarten graduation is on the 10th. I saw them practicing when I went to pick her up early the other day, and oh yeah, I was crying. They are singing "Worlds Greatest" by R Kelly for their graduation. Holy moses, it got me good. Her teacher thought something was wrong! Congrats big man!

Tricia said...

What a big boy. Did you cry? We will be doing that next week. Are we really old enough to have boys in kindergarten? Enjoy sleeping in for one last summer.

The Baxters and the horses... said...

Your boys are so cute!! It's amazing how fast they grow up. I love reading your blog!

Esplin 5 said...

He is such a cute kiddo!