Friday, January 2, 2009

Our Christmas suprise!!

Our best Christmas present this year was getting to suprise the family with Chey Chey Mikell. Chey has been in Hondurus volunteering at an orphange since August. It was the longest five months of my life. She decided that she wanted to come home for Christmas since it was Kinneys last christmas befor the mission and alot of the family would be there. Well actually everyone was there but Tracy and her family. We decided that it would be fun to suprise the family and not tell them that she was coming home. She was scheduled to fly home on the 5 of January. Willie and I changed her flight to fly home on the 22 of December. Suprisingly we were able to keep the secret for over a month!! We didnt even tell the boys who we were picking up from the airport till we got there!! Jax was so happy that we were going to get her. Of course when we got to the airport he flight had been delayed and ended up not getting there till midnight. It was suppose to come in at nine fifty. It was so worth the wait though!! Jaxon and Ryker with the signs that they colored for Chey Chey. I wrote them and they colored them in. Well Jax did Ryke just colored all over it. They both turned out really cute!!
Wille and the boys having a snack while we waited.

SHE IS HOME!!


Chey with the boys

All the signs we made. It was the cutest thing when we finally saw Chey, Jax dropped his sign and just went running to her she picked him up into a gaint hug!! The boys also fought over who she got to sit by on the way home poor Chey ended up sitting in the middle of them for the hour and a half drive home!! We were so glad to have here home!!
Christmas Eve we suprised the family. Yes we kept her hiddin at our house for two days! Avoiding everyone so that Jaxon wouldnt spill the beans!! Which I know he would of. He was so happy to have her home!! On Christmas eve I put all the family on the couch and told them I was making a video for Chey and Had them say Merry Christmas Chey. Then sing we wish you a Merry Christmas. During the song she walked in. The suprise was awesome! A few swear words in suprise(Timar) and Cindy telling me she hated me!! But oh it was so worth it!
CHEY WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME!!!





4 comments:

Elin Brotherson said...

Oh my heck I honestly just cried when I read that! I can just imagine it. How exciting. They are SO lucky to have you in their family! I love you and thanks for the fun New Years!!

Lora said...

Oh, that is so tender! I seriously teared up when I read that. I bet that was so, so fun for your family!

Timar Lu said...

Well I too teared up.....but I also heard another swear word in my head LOL. That was truely the BEST Christmas present EVER!! Love you and hated you for a moment :)

Monson Family said...

What a fun surprise! I love it!!!