Monday, April 20, 2009

BAKUGAN!?!

We had tons of fun last week. My sister Lora and her four kids came up and stayed for a few days. The weather was awful, but I still had a blast I think the kids did too! The boys collected bugs outside for hours. Well I should say Kaden collected and the other kids sorta watched. He ended up catching 18 cockroaches! GROSS I know. I am happy to say that they were all caught outside not inside. Of course they caught them in a plastic bug catchers. So by morning most of them were dead. So us normal people would be thankful and throw the dead bugs out! Oh not these five boys. There was a lovely funeral, In which Jax and Kaden said a prayer for each one of them! They buried them in the backyard and put rock "headstones" for each of them. It was a little wierd, but really one of the cutest things! A little male bonding. They were there own "gang" I wish I could remember what they were calling themselves. Of course I cant though! I thought this picture was so stinking cute!
This is Megan, very glad to NOT be a part of the gang! Poor girl was stuck with all boys all week! Lora, Megan and I made cookies and watch some "girl" tv while the boys were being boys!
The Isbells brought us into the Bakugan world. If any of you are as clueless as I was to what these things are I will explain. I guess its a tv show that comes on in the morning and now they are the craze. At least in American Fork, and now in the Nikolaus house. I have still never seen the show. However the boys and I know the theme song by hurt thanks to Brandons lovely singing of it about a hundred times daily! The Bakugans are the little round balls in the middle of the circle of cards. They open up into a guy of sorts when they are put on metal.

Heres an up close view!


This is all of the kids and they Bakugans are opened. You cant really tell though. Sorry bad picture!!
My boys didnt own any Bakugans when the Isbell showed up with theirs. My boys thought they were the coolest things ever, since the weather was windy and rainy. We took all the kids to Target and let them each buy another or in my boys case there first Bakugan. It entertained them the whole week!
Thanks Lora, Brandon, Megan, Pkader, and Native American for spending the week with us! I cant wait till we all get together again! It was a blast! I am still not sure if I should thank you for bringing Bakugans to our family or not! haha

5 comments:

Esplin 5 said...

My four year old is obsessed with these things, he would have been in heaven.

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

Yep, we sure know what those are! My boys are crazy about them too. They keep trading them at school for higher point ones or something like that. They actually got their own first ones for Easter, but they had gotten a total of 10 different ones from friends from school (nice friends, huh?). Anyways- they love them and they are the craze around here too!

The Swindlehurst's said...

Hi friend!! I called ya back but we keep playing phone tag. Your kids are so big, they are getting so handsome!! Im glad Im not the only mom that does that, and just so you know when I got my diet coke, I thought of you the whole time, I miss your BK days, well only because I was really wanting some french toast sticks:)love ya!!!

Donnie and Kristi said...

I wonder who would win in a fight? Your Bakugan's or our My Little Pony's? They have made a strong come back in the Hurd home.

Lora said...

Since you blogged about the bakugans, I guess I don't have to! Yay!! We had so much fun with you guys!