Friday, April 3, 2009

Ropin on a windy day...

Okay so I had to get another bad word in on all the wind. I am sick of it and maybe the more I complain it will go away!! :) Willie and Bill (his dad) were out roping the other day and I got some good pictures! The kids LOVE to go and watch. Everyday they ask me if "Dad is ropin tonight". Even though Will barely shows any emotions ever I know he loves it too!
Bill let Jaxon run the chutes the last few times that the boys have gone. He has his "cow hitting stick" That he taps the steers with so they will move up into the chute. Then he waits for Bill to give him the signal and he opens the chute so the steers can come out. It is motorized so he just has to hit a button. He loves it. I wanted to get some really good pictures of this because it was really really cute. The fact that Jaxon wasnt too scared to do it was a small miracle!! However when I went over to get some pictures I was informed by my five year old that I obviously didnt understand how important his job was. He didnt have time for pictures and he didnt want me taking any. He was way too busy and he didnt want the camera to make the cows mad!!:( He is so cute!! I did get a few but they werent as good as I would have liked!!

While Diggy was busy running the chutes. Ryker was climbing fences and getting into all the trouble he could find. Which is typical. That child keeps me on my toes at all times!! I love the picture of him on the fence it is so stinking cute!!


Willie is the guy in the green shirt.
Bill on Kirby
Bill and Will roping.
Willie coming into the chutes.
Bill on Kirby and Will on Rapor.

Ryker riding after the guys roped!!
Willie trying to get Ryker of Raper. Its a long process. It took a total of almost thirty minutes to get him off!! He loves to ride!!

Thanks Bill for letting us come out and rope! The boys have had so much fun!

6 comments:

Weston Colton Photo said...

you have 2 cute boys, jill. i love that one of ryker on the fence - adorable

the coltons said...

crap, weston didn't log out - that was me :)

Donnie and Kristi said...

Ahhh, what cute boys! Will is such a studacular cowboy. I'm impressed. It was ropalicious.

Lora said...

Cute! We miss you guys! Krusti, you really crack me up!

Timar Lu said...

Some of the things Diggy does reminds me so much of Willie. He has always been serious in the Arena. The boys are so cute...I miss you guys more EVERYDAY!!

Elin Brotherson said...

I still have a hard time with you guys having fun and me not involved. I was really meant to be willies other wife!!! Miss you guys so much, I wish I still lived with you guys!