Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I love you Grandpa!!

I had the saddest night of my life so far last night. My Grandpa died. He has been in the care center in Richfield now for eleven months after he fell and broke his hip last March. I was very blessed to be able to be so near him when he was in the hospital having his hip surgery. They took him to Cedar and since I live in St. George I was able to see him every day that he was in Cedar and my Grandma even got to stay at my house one night!! He has really struggled since he has been living in the Care Center, I am so so sad that he is gone. My heart hurts and I dont know how to make it stop! I am so glad that I know he is able to walk again and be whole. The gospel is such a blessing in my life especially during times like this!! I will remember my Grandpa every day of my life! My sisters and I along with Malcolm were so lucky to grow up with my grandparents just down the street! My Grandpa was so loving, they never missed a birthday party, Grandpa used to take all us girls with him to feed the calves, I cant imagine that was an easy task. However I always felt like he didnt mind!! Thank you Grandpa for all the memories. I have so many!! I love you!!These are my Grandparents. I love them both! Isnt that such a good picture of them! My Mom and Dad had this done a few years ago! I will cherish it forever!!
This picture was taken on my blessing day. Way way back then!! My Grandma has a little color to her hair!!I dont remember that! She is looking HOT! Gramps is still sporting the same hairdo from way back then!!

This is my grandparents with some of us girls. Grandpa is holding Ann, then me cheesing it up, Lora, Elin and Grandma is holding Susie.


This is Grandpa with us girls. Must be summer, Grandma always had popsicle. I loved eating them there because Grandma did make me break them in half and share the other half with one of my sisters!! Yeah, I was a brat even then! This is taken at there house in the back, Lora in back, Elin is in front of Lora, Ann, then me (again cheesing it up) on Grandpas lap!




This last picture is when Jaxon was two weeks old. It is the first time that my Grandparents had seen him! I love this picture. Look at how they are just looking at Jax. Its so cute!!


EDWIN A. JENSON
1919-2009

15 comments:

the coltons said...

aw jill, i'm so sorry. it's not easy losing grandparents - even when you know they're finally whole and healthy again. i always loved your grandpa - he is adorable :) i'm thinking of you!

Natalie said...

Oh Jill, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet grandpa. Not sorry for him but sorry for the hole in your life that he leaves behind. I have good memories of him from Monroe also. He was truly an incredible man. My thoughts are with you also!

Katie Nikolaus said...

Jill, he looks like such a wonderful man! You are so lucky to have been so close with your grandparents. I love to think about our knowledge of the gospel at times like this also, it's a great comfort.
Love you!

Elin Brotherson said...

Jill I thought I was done with the tears. I loved your post!!

Jessica, Skippy and the Crew said...

Jill, I am so sorry. That is a touching tribute you wrote.

Timar Lu said...

You are so great with words. I am so sorry that he is gone but I too know that he is walking (probably running) right now and smiling down on all you girls...and the boy :) My thoughts are with you, please know that.
How are the boys?
Love you!!!

Jennifer said...

Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know what I'll do when Grandpa Nik leaves us. It looks like you had a some wonderful times together.

Kerry said...

So so sorry Jill...what a sweet tribute to him...you made me cry! Thinking of you!

Lora said...

Your post is a good one. It made me cry. I love that you put up old pictures they're so cute! It lets everyone know how adorable we were as children!

Tricia said...

Jill, I am so sorry. It is hard losing a grandparent. They have taught us so much. I loved all the pictures and can tell he was a wonderful man. Take care.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm glad you were so close to him and have lots of great memories.

Jill said...

Hi Jill,
sorry to hear about your grandpa. No worries about last week. We just kept driving to Spanish Fork. We will catch you next time. I hope everything goes well.

The King Family said...

Jill, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Your grandparents are amazing people and I think everyone knows that. So kind and thoughtful. I still remember that big huge dog that they had walking around main street. I just love them both, they are such good people.

The King Family said...

Jill, it was good to see you. Your little guys are so cute! Call me sometime and let's get together. Shelly

The Sumkos said...

I'm so sorry my jilly bean! I know you were really close to him. I hope you are doing okay. I'm back blogging again!